Fall Salad with Turnips and Apples
This salad looks beautiful and tastes absolutely amazing. Submitted by FFTF customer Joanne!
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 bunches small salad turnips or radishes, trimmed
- 1 sweet-tart apple, like Gala, fuji, or honey crisp, unpeeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 carrot very thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped, or pine nuts
Mix up everything for dressing before the olive oil.
Slowly whisk in 3 T. extra virgin olive oil until dressing thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place vegetables and apple slices in a medium bowl. Toss with half the dressing.
Place salad greens in a large bowl and toss with remaining half of dressing.
Divide greens onto 4 salad plates. Top with dressed turnip mixture. Sprinkle with apricots or craisins and nuts. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.